Egg Shakshuka is a most delicious dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions, often spiced with cumin. Simple & quick egg recipe.
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
Recipe type: lunch or dinner
Category: Non vegetarian
- Oil as required (2 tbsp)
- 1 medium onion peeled & diced
- 5 – 7 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers chopped
- Cup of tomato puree or paste (1 medium)
- Chopped tomatoes (1 medium)
- Chili powder (2 tbsp)
- 1 large jalapeno chopped
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 4 – 5 eggs
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Heat the oil on large frying pan or kadhai. Add chopped garlic, onion, saute for few minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add bell peppers, jalapeno saute for 5-7 minutes until softens over medium flame
- Slowly pour tomatoes chopped, puree, sugar, salt, paprika, cumin, pepper, & let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Crack the eggs one at a time directly over tomato mixture making sure to space them evenly over the sauce.
- Cover the pan allow the mixture to simmer over for about 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander