As the famous saying goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Apple is one amongst the most cultivated and consumed fruits in the world.Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants and dietary fiber. It comes in more than 7,500 varieties.
- Apples aids in weight loss due to high fibre contents and also facilitates digestion
- The soluble fibres within helps lower your blood cholesterol levels
- Flavonoids can help prevent heart disease by lowering blood pressure
- Apples aids in treating anemia since they are a rich source of iron.
- Eating apples helps in cleaning both the teeth and gums.
- Apples have help heal in conditions of respiratory diseases, heart disorders, cancers and dibetis etc
- A medium apple contains about Calories: 95.
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams.
- Fiber: 4 grams.
It includes minerals like –
- Iron – 0.12 mg
- Magnesium – 5 mg
- Phosphorus – 11 mg
- Manganese – 0.035 mg
- Potassium – 107 mg
It includes Vitamins like –
- Vitamin A equiv – 3 μg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.041 mg and rest of the B-complex Vitamins.
- Vitamin C – 4.6 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.18 mg
- Vitamin K – 2.2 μg
Buy firm apples also, don’t buy the ones that have wrinkles, since they tend to have lost most of their health benefits and nutritional value. To be consumed in mornings.