Kiwi comes with a green flesh which is sweet and tangy. It not only suits well with its looks on desserts and fruit bowls but also adds in plenty of nutritional value. Its small black seeds are edible, as is the fuzzy brown peel.
- Its a high source of Vitamin C & it acts as powerful antioxidant, eliminating free radicals that could cause inflammation or cancer also can help treat asthma. It also helps in boosting the immunity of the body against harmful pathogens.
- Its medicinal useful compounds like antioxidants and serotonin can be used for inducing sleep.
- Its a good source of dietry fibre hence aids in digestion.
- Its good source of Folate helps in the development of the foetus, making it healthy.
- Its great for the skin too as t contins vitamin C & E which acts as antioxidants & prevents skin degradation
- It helps manage blood pressure and reduces blood clotting.
Nutritional Value :-
About 100 gms of Kiwi contains –
- Calories 61
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Protein 1.1 g
- Carbohydrate 15 g
It contains Vitamins like –
- Vitamin A 1%
- Vitamin C 154%
- Vitamin D
- 0% Vitamin B-6 5%
- Vitamin B-12 0%
It contains minerals like –
- Calcium 3%
- Iron 1%
- Magnesium 4%
- Sodium 3 mg 0%
- Potassium 312 mg 8%
Eat a Kiwi Fruit with an empty stomuch it helps maintain digestive process.