Being the King of fruits, Mangoes are the most widely consumed fruit in the world.The fruit usually takes three to six months to ripe. Mangoes are generally sweet, although the taste and texture varies as per the place of cultivation.
- Antioxidant compounds in mango fruit aids to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers, heart diseases, obesity etc.
- It helps in improvement in digestion and bone health and even benefits for the skin and hair, slowing the signs of aging.
- Mango contains 20 different minerals and vitamins, which makes it one of the most nutrient-dense fruit
- The dietary fiber has a positive effect on eliminating degenerative diseases and you are almost guaranteed to prevent constipation, piles and symptoms of a spastic colon if you include one mango in your daily diet.
- It helps to lower serum cholesterol levels, promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness
- All the healthy nutrition’s provided by Mango boosts up the overall Immune System.
Nutritional Values :-
- A single mango has about 107 calories.
It includes vitamins like –
- Vitamin A (1262 IU),
- vitamin B6 (0.2 g), with rest of the B complex vitamins
- vitamin C (45.7 mg),
- vitamin E (1.8 mg),
- vitamin K (6.9 mcg) etc.
It includes minerals like –
- iron (0.2 mg),
- phosphorus (18.2 mg),
- sodium (3.3 mg),
- zinc (0.1 mg),
- copper (0.2 mg), and
- selenium (1 mcg),
- potassium (257 mg),
- calcium (16.5 mg)
- The fruit also contains carbohydrates (28 g), protein (0.8 g), fiber (3 g)
- Tips :-
- Best time to consume mango is at breakfast and/or lunch. Avoid while dinner due to large amount of calories.