Most delicious and finger licking Ladies Finger recipe from Indian vegetables. Most commonly called as Chatpati Bhindi sabzi. Quick Bhindi recipe for kids and family lunch, snacks and starters.
Total Cooking time: 25 mins
Category : Vegetarian
Recipe type: Snacks or starters
- Bhindi (Ladies Finger) – 200 gms
- Besan (chickpea flour) – 3 tbsp
- Rice flour – 3 tsp
- red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¾ tsp
- Chaat masala powder – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder – 2 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Wash & dry the lady fingers completely. There should not be any moisture present. Trim the edges.
- Cut the okra lengthwise and further slit them cross wise.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cnoriander powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, salt, 2 tsp oil and toss well. Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle besan, rice flour and asafetida over the okra slivers and once again toss well making sure it generously coats all the bhindi.
- Heat a pan with oil for deep frying.
- When the oil is sufficiently hot, drop the okra pieces in batches and cook it is roasted crisp and golden brown.
- Drain onto a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil and continue with the rest of okra.
- Serve hot.