Kobichi Pachadi / Shredded Cabbage Salad:
Delicious Maharashtrian Salad made of Kobi (cabbage). Pachadi means dry salad which does not contain yogurt. Cabbage Pachadi / Kobichi Pachadi is one of the quickest and simplest recipes I have ever seen. This can be eaten with Roti also.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Recipe category: Vegetarian
Meal type: Salad
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tbs roasted coarse peanut powder optional
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp lime juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 small green chili cut into 3-4 pieces
- In a serving bowl, assemble together, shredded cabbage, coarse peanut powder, sugar, lime juice, chopped coriander and salt.
- Heat a small pan and add oil.
- Once heated, add mustard and cumin seeds, after they crackle add asafoetida, turmeric and green chilis.
- Shut off the gas.
- Add this tempering to the above assembled salad. Mix everything together, give it a taste and adjust the seasoning and serve.
Do try this healthy recipe & post us your comments!!