Hello Prawns lovers!! Prawns are favorites of most of us here so lets have an easy to make super fabulous recipe of it, Yummy! Prawns masala a popular recipe which is enjoyed globally.
Prawns gravy masala is malvani recipe, this can also be called as kolambi masala recipe. Mouth watering Maharashtrian dish with the spicy flavors.
- 500 g prawns (peeled & washed)
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 cup fresh green coriander
- 2 green chilies (for spicy effect)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or kokam aagal
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 4 tbsps Cooking oil
- 2 large onions sliced thin
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Put the marinade ingredients into a blender and grind till you get a smooth paste.
- Pour the marinade over prawns. Mix to coat all the prawns well. Put away into the refrigerator to marinate well.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the chopped onion. Sauté till the onions begin to turn a pale golden brown in color.
- Now add the garlic and ginger pastes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Next, add the tomato paste and all the powdered spices and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Sauté the resulting masala (onion-tomato-spice mixture) until the oil begins to separate from it. This can take up to 10-15 minutes to happen.
- When the masala begins to look ready, turn off the heat.Put the prepared masala into a blender and grind into a smooth paste (do not add water) in a food processor or you can use them as it is if veggeis were finely chopped.
- When very hot, add the prawns and marinade to masala and sauté until the prawns changes color.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with Chapatis or Rice.