Sode masala recipe, the most mouth watering maharashtrian dish. This dried prawns recipe and give you most amazing dish ever. Malvani style Sode recipe.
You can get dried prawns at local vendor selling dried fishes, you may find them just near your fish market.
This recipe makes you forget chicken for a while too. Common peeps lets try this awesome recipe.
- 250 g of dried prawns (sode what we call in Marathi) washed and soaked overnight
- Cooking oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ cup of onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup of tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
- 2 cloves of kokam (if desired)
- 2 tsp masala
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander to garnish
- In pan or wok heat oil.
- Add garlic and ginger pastes to wok.
- Add onion to wok and saute till onion changes color.
- Add tomatoes or puree to the wok and masala to the mixture.
- Add red chili powder to the recipe and salt as per taste.Cook till oil separates from masala.
- Add dried prawns to the masala(soaked overnight to make them soft).
- Add kokam if desired.
- once prawns are well cooked on our serving dish garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander.