This recipe comes from Maharashtrian – Kokan side. This recipe contains dried small prawns (Jawla) and flavored with delicious kokani masala. This recipe is the must have enjoyable recipe for sea food lovers.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Recipe category: Non vegetarian
Meal type: lunch or dinner
- Dried Jawla: 2 cups, wash & soak it in water for few minutes
- Onions : 2large, chopped fine
- Garlic: 8-10 cloves, chopped
- Masala: 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Kokam : 2 pce
- Salt and sugar to taste
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add in onions and garlic and fry till the onions are translucent.
- Add in soaked dry jawla (squeeze dry before adding) and mix well. On low heat, let it sit covered for about 5-7 minutes. You can toss once in between.
- Once the jawla catch a bit of color, add masala, red chili, salt and pinch sugar and kokam. Mix well, and cover cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- The last 2 minutes, cook in high heat and dry it up completely.
- Add chopped coriander and cover for 5 minutes before you serve.